Learn to Kayak (8+)
Location: Edgbaston Reservoir, Birmingham
Have you ever tried kayaking? Perhaps just had a quick taster?
Our sessions are designed to give you the very best beginning to a sport passion that could last a lifetime. Our highly experienced and qualified staff will take you right from the beginning and show you the basics. Our 90 minute Taster sessions are a great way to just get an idea of what it’s like to kayak.
TASTER Courses – 90 minutes introduction on Edgbaston Reservoir
- Introduction by Instructor
- Briefing on dry land on how to paddle
- Lots on time on the water
- FUN activities to help you apply the new skills
- No previous experience is necessary
- You don’t need to know how to swim (just let us know)
- You will learn a lot of new skills
Minimum age FOR KAYAKING
Maximum group size
No experience is needed, just an enthusiasm to try something new!
- Learn to paddle forwards and backwards.
- Find out how to steer and control the boat.
- Develop the beginnings in water confidence.
- Discover the differences between canoeing and kayaking and how they relate to each other.
Kayak Taster Sessions run for 90 minutes
We use games and fun skill based sessions to improve participants kayaking skills.