Junior 2 day Paddle Power Passport – for ages 8-14
Location: Edgbaston Reservoir, Birmingham
Have you ever tried kayaking? Perhaps just had a quick taster?
Following British Canoeing’s PaddlePower Passport scheme you will learn to kayak using a variety of games and fun based sessions that will have you paddling in a straight line in no time! Participants will follow the Paddlepower scheme, which is designed as a fun way to introduce and develop youngsters in paddlesport. Children can track their development with their own logbook as they work their way through the levels to achieve the Paddlepower Passport Award. On the course they will learn a range of basic boat skills.
- No previous experience is necessary
- You don’t need to know how to swim (just let us know)
- You will get a logbook and certificate to track your progress
- You will learn a lot of new skills
Minimum age FOR KAYAKING
Maximum group size
No experience is needed, just an enthusiasm to try something new!
- Learn to paddle forwards and backwards.
- Find out how to steer and control the boat.
- Develop the beginnings in water confidence.
- Discover the differences between canoeing and kayaking and how they relate to each other.
The course will run on both days from 10am until 4pm. It is not necessary for parents to stay with their child.
We use games and fun skill based sessions to improve participants kayaking skills.