Adult Learn to Kayak (16+)
Location: Edgbaston Reservoir, Birmingham
Have you ever tried kayaking? Perhaps just had a quick taster?
Our sessions are designed to give you the very best beginning to a sport passion that could last a lifetime. Our highly experienced and qualified staff will take you right from the beginning and show you the basics. Our 2 hour Taster sessions are a great way to just get an idea of what it’s like to kayak, whereas our learn to kayak 2 day course give you a real understanding and will teach you some great skills to get you kayaking. Our Learn to Kayak course will take you onto the canal on the 2nd day to really show you how to apply those skills and well, kayaking doesn’t have to mean going around the same reservoir for 2 days.
The included trip is a great way to explore Birmingham by canal and the trip is sure to test and apply those skills learnt on day one.
Learn to Kayak Courses – 2 days, Day one on Edgbaston Reservoir, Day two on Birmingham canal
- Introduction by Instructor
- Briefing on dry land on how to paddle
- Lots on time on the water
- FUN activities to help you apply the new skills
- Learn Forwards, Backwards, Sideways and Stopping techniques and skills
- No previous experience is necessary
- You don’t need to know how to swim (just let us know)
- You will learn a lot of new skills
- Full day on the canal
- Exploring areas of the canal unreachable by foot
- Learn some great local history
- Stop for lunch in the city centre
- Apply your skills
Minimum age FOR KAYAKING
Maximum group size
No experience is needed, just an enthusiasm to try something new!
- Learn to paddle forwards and backwards.
- Find out how to steer and control the boat.
- Develop the beginnings in water confidence.
- Discover the differences between canoeing and kayaking and how they relate to each other.
Learn to Kayak 2 day courses will run on both days from 10am until 4pm. Kayak Taster Sessions run for 2 hours
We use games and fun skill based sessions to improve participants kayaking skills.