Learn to Kayak (8+)
Location: Edgbaston Reservoir, Birmingham
Have you ever tried kayaking? Perhaps just had a quick taster?
Our sessions are designed to give you the very best beginning to a sport passion that could last a lifetime. Our highly experienced and qualified staff will take you right from the beginning and show you the basics. Our 2 hour Taster sessions are a great way to just get an idea of what it’s like to kayak.
TASTER Courses – 2 hours introduction on Edgbaston Reservoir
- Introduction by Instructor
- Briefing on dry land on how to paddle
- Lots on time on the water
- FUN activities to help you apply the new skills
- No previous experience is necessary
- You don’t need to know how to swim (just let us know)
- You will learn a lot of new skills
Minimum age FOR KAYAKING
Maximum group size
No experience is needed, just an enthusiasm to try something new!
- Learn to paddle forwards and backwards.
- Find out how to steer and control the boat.
- Develop the beginnings in water confidence.
- Discover the differences between canoeing and kayaking and how they relate to each other.
Kayak Taster Sessions run for 2 hours
We use games and fun skill based sessions to improve participants kayaking skills.