CLOSING DATE: MIDDAY ON 6th APRIL
Now in it’s 3rd year the Midlands Indoor Rowing Championships will this year be held on 22nd April 2018. Last year we had 115 competitors from across the country pitting themselves against each other in a wide range of categories.
This year we have moved to a new location, Solihull 6th Form College. The venue is just as big with capacity for well over 40 machines competing!! Parking will be easier too!! The Junction 5 of the M42 motorway is 5 minutes away making access even easier!
The Midlands Indoor Rowing Championships run according to the British Rowing Rules of Racing which includes promoting clean sport. All competitors who enter could be subject to testing at this event, and therefore it is important that you take the time to familiarise yourself with your rights and responsibilities. Information about the anti-doping rules for competitors can be found here: British Rowing Anti-Doping
Junior Individual Events:
- Junior events are open to any person under the age of 19 on 1st September 2018.
- Please note that if we do not receive the required number of entries in any given category we will merge age groups and medals will be given out based on Gold Medal Percentage.
- Junior individual events are outlined below.
- Senior events will be available in lightweight or heavyweight categories.
- Open lightweight competitors must not exceed 75kgs.
- Lightweight women must not exceed 61.5kgs.
- Senior events will be available in age groups.
- Please note that if we do not receive the required number of entries in any given category we will merge age groups/weight categories and medals will be given out based on Gold Medal Percentage.
- See full list of senior events below.
|Senior Events – Heavyweight & Lightweight|
|19-29 2km||19-29 2km|
|30-39 2km||30-39 2km|
|40-49 2km||40-49 2km|
|50-59 2km||50-59 2km|
|60-69 2km||60-69 2km|
|70-79 2km||70-79 2km|
|80+ 2km||80+ 2km|
- All relays will be raced in teams of 4.
- Each participant must row at least once.
- Please place the handle down when changing over.
- The following events will be held in the relay competition:
|Yr 8 & 9||2km||2km|
|Yr 10 & 11||2km||2km|
|Yr 12 & 13||2km||2km|
- Junior entry fee is £9 which includes individual event.
- Senior entry fee is £12.50 which includes individual event.
- Relay races are £24 per team or £12 if all members of the team enter individual races.
- For group entries please use this form and then upload it above
Terms and Conditions:
- In the event that the Midlands Indoor Rowing Championships is cancelled each participant will receive a 50% refund.
- If a participant wishes to pull out of the event prior to close of entries on 6th April 2018 they will receive a full refund of their entry fee.
- If a participant wishes to pull out of the event after close of entries on 6th April 2018 they will not be entitled to a refund of their entry fee.
- By entering this event the participant is agreeing that they are physically fit enough to take part in this race.
- By entering this event the participant is agreeing to abide by any rules, regulations or instructions given prior to the event on the day of the event.
- By entering this event the participant is agreeing to have their photograph or video taken during the event and for those photos to be used on the organisers website and social media pages.
The Sixth Form College, Widney Manor Rd, Solihull B91 3WR